Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lady Grey ... progress in planning

Ok, so I have an almost completed muslin, I have fabric, lining and buttons. The last items on my list are the tailoring supplies! Yikes, I've seen the first few parts to the tailoring of this coat. Handbasting with hidden stitches - yikes! I mean, I've done blind hemming by hand but I'm worried my stitching will show up. Only one way to find out! So in order to prep for this stage, I need to go and pick up the following:


  • 1 metre of 60" wide hair canvas
  • 2 metres of weft interfacing (is this like whisper weft?)
  • Black silk thread
  • Beeswax
  • 1 metre of pre-shrunk muslin (for the back stay)
  • 1/4 metre black silk organza (for the bound button holes)
  • Shoulder pads


I don't actually know what some of these are, so I'm hoping RJs can help me out with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment