I'm mid-way through a number of projects and want to get some photos up soon but so you know what I'm working on:
* A pair of pin stripe pants using this pattern. I love this pattern and have made it once before (in a woven stretch fabric with woven pin stripes which are not obvious. Whilst these turned out ok, whilst making them they stretched out by about 2 sizes, which I took in but they also stretched up and are still high waisted!) My latest pair are non-stretch so fingers crossed they work ok.
* I'm also planning a grey pair and a pair in stretch pin stripe but that's not yet cut out!
Patons Learn To Knit
I bought this book about a year ago and used it whilst I was learning to knit properly (I knew the basic knit stitch but that's it). Along with help from my mum, this has been a really valuable resource when I was learning.
After completing some basic scarves, I'm now working on a few of the projects in this book (don't worry, I can count - the numbers below are the project numbers in the book:
1. Garter Stitch scarf. I decided to make this in stocking stitch because I have a few garter scarves and wanted to try something else, plus I love the way scarves curl when you use Stocking stitch.
7. Fitted Hat with Roll Back Brim. I decided to change the roll back brim slighly and have also done this on circular needles so I didn't have to join it at the back. I wouldn't recommend this for beginners but if you do decide to give a try, these are the links I found most useful:
11. Knit Your First Sweater. I'm having fun with this so far and hope to improve my increasing and decreasing skills, as well as having a lovely warm jumper for winter!
I started with a straight skirt block and used it to draft my own pencil skirt with a yoke and an invisible zip that runs through the yoke. I'm currently making this up in a black stretch denim (left over from another skirt, so this is my toille) and some grey stretch suiting. I also have a grey 100% wool remnant that I'm planning to make this up in - with silk lining! Pictures to come soon -- I promise!
Moving back home
Amongst the above I'm moving back home after 3 months of house sitting. It's been fun but I'm looking forward to being home again. No more carting crafting projects back and forth - yay! Where I was living was without internet, so I have discovered that I have a lot more time available to me when I don't spend hours